Sunday, November 14, 2010

Christmas at Harrington’s by Melody Carlson

This book did not dazzle me with its cover, as many Christmas books I have come by me tend to be tiredly predictable and dramatic. However, seeing Carlson's name, I figured I'd give the book a try since I've known some of her better works. Surprisingly, I enjoyed the book. The protagonist is actually an ex-con, and the reader is pulled into the mystery and intrigue of her sentence. The reader also ponders the whole "wolf in sheep's clothing" reference. The woman is out of prison when the book starts, and readers follow her on her journey of starting a new life. She ends up working as a Mrs. Santa and makes some new friends. I don't want to spoil more, but I will say this book is a nice Christmas gift that flows well and isn't too long to read.

Available November 2010 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group

No comments: