Tuesday, March 27, 2012

"Spirit Wars" by Kris Vallotton


This is an excellent book, if I must say so myself. I find there are not many books written on the topic of spiritual warfare. Or, the few out there discuss the demonic as emotions instead of real entities. In this book, the author shares personal experiences of his own spiritual warfare and spiritual warfare in the lives of others. What was remarkable was the notion that fear is a spirit that can be cast out. I knew demons could be cast out, but I never thought of casting out spirits. That was new. I will not lie, some of Vallotton's stories of exorcism are a bit out there, but that does not discredit him. I feel as though there is spiritual warfare happening all over, but it is just that not many people are comfortable talking about it. What I also enjoyed was how Scripture was quoted and dissected when appropriate to really learn spiritual warfare. Also, there were word studies of the original words, which I liked. Overall, this book flows well and will teach Christians about a topic that is rarely discussed in church. While this book is by no means a final resource (it does not go into how angels fell, where the demonic come in, Rephaim, Nephilim, etc), it is a good stepping stone for those interested in spiritual warfare. I liked how the author noted how evil is out to get everyone and is an "equal opportunity" enemy.

No comments: