Wednesday, April 4, 2012

"When God Writes Your Love Story" by Eric and Leslie Ludy


A friend of mine who likes to pride herself in being a relationship guru would always tell me about this book called "When God Writes Your Love Story." So, when I got the opportunity to review the book--the expanded edition, nonetheless--I jumped at the opportunity. The book is almost 300 pages but read very quickly. The book is divided into sections, and each chapter has some Bible verses and discussion questions, with anecdotes and sappy stories thrown in every now and then. I will not spoil all the details of this book, but it will not surprise anybody that this book is about giving up the details of your love life to your Creator. This means waiting on His timing and staying pure for your future spouse. While sex is discussed, there are no graphic details, so I would even recommend this book to junior-high-schoolers if they so desire. I suppose I would have liked a different title that at least named the Christ. After all, who is God? Ask several religions, and you'll get several answers. What was interesting was that I read some reviews posted on Barnes and Nobles for this review. Most were overwhelmingly positive, but one was very negative and had a very low rating. Reading further due to my curiosity, I realized the reader gave a very low rating because the book was apparently all "fluff" and did not tell readers how to get to know Jesus better, but instead the book just said to get to know Jesus better and draw close to Him as you surrender your [love] life to Him. After careful consideration, I must say that is true. However, with the title and cover of this book, I can not say I was expecting any super deep theological or prophetic writing in the book. Still, after much thought, while this book is nice, I would say that people should get "I Kissed Dating Goodbye" instead if they are going to spend money on a Christian relationship book. Search my reviews for a review on this book.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Great blog on book reviews. I have to say I never read this book, but loved I Kissed Dating Goodbye. I read it shortly after I got married. Don't think it was published before then, but wish it was. My husband and I courted and kept ourselves pure until our wedding day...first kiss on the altar. But, the book still gave me some challenging ideas on courting to share with others.

TJK said...

Thanks for your input! :)