Monday, January 6, 2014

"Persuasion IQ" by Kurt W. Mortensen

Full of helpful advice, thought-provoking stories, and industry-proven tactics, this book is sure to get you on the right track.  Mortensen will bring you through his ten skills in a quick way that lets lessons stick with you.  You'll even get some laughs, too, as cartoons are included.  What I enjoyed about this book was that it was not geared at one main occupation.  So many books like these are guided towards salesmen.  This book does mention salesmen from time to time, but it does not focus on them solely.  Other occupations are mentioned, and various examples of workers using these persuasion skills are included.  The style in which this book is written flows very well, and you feel as if you are talking to a life coach friend.  You do not feel yelled at like you are with some sort of boot camp guide or personal trainer.  Besides business skills, Mortensen includes tips on being healthy, happy, and having a positive mental / emotional outlook.  I've read business / professional development books in the past, but this one sticks with me.  After having taken the multiple choice test at the back of the book, I know I'm not a professional persuader.  However, with the skills I picked up in this book, I believe I'm well on my way to becoming one! 

No comments: