Wednesday, May 21, 2014

"Nice Girls Don't Get the Corner Office" by Lois P. Frankel, PhD

Full of tips of stories, this book explains to women the many pitfalls and strategies that affect their career.  What I enjoyed is that there were not just mistakes but also advice for how to work on said mistakes.  While there are chapters, the bulk of the book is broken up into 101 sections that are very short.  One page discusses the mistake with a story from real women.  The next page discusses tips for how to overcome this mistake.  With this layout, not only does the book get straight to the point, but it is also incredibly readable for all those women who work long hours and don't have the time to read long psychological dissertations that span hundreds of pages.  I read this book through a book club at my corporation and thoroughly enjoyed it.  I realized there were some mistakes I was making, and--along with Frankel's tips--I am working on correcting them.  

No comments: