Saturday, May 9, 2015

"Seven Spoons" by Tara O'Brady

This is a fun cookbook with lots of recipes.  It is not my favorite, but the recipes are pretty good and versatile.  I made two cakes from this book, and they came out rather well.  This even included me swapping out ingredients and halving the sugar.  I made the coconut plum cake and the blueberry poppy seed cake, and both were delicious.  As to why this is not my favorite cookbook, there are a few reasons.  Firstly, there is a lack of pictures--I mean, there are pics, but just not as many as I would like.  Additionally, this cookbooks has paragraph steps in tiny font instead of numbered steps.  This makes it incredibly difficult to follow along, especially after going to the cupboard and then coming back to try and find where you left off.  Also, some recipes I found unusual.  There was a grape dessert in the book.  The pic and directions had the cooked dessert with the grapes still on the vine, even though the grapes were cooked to the point where pulling them off manually would be messy.  That was a bid odd, but who am I to say?  :)

No comments: