Friday, August 25, 2017

"The Legend of Geoffrey" by Toys R Us

I got this lovely children's book and stuffed giraffe for my birthday from Toys R Us.  Even though I am no longer a little kid, I am still a big kid and absolutely adored the combo!  The hardcover, full-color book tells the story of Geoffrey the Giraffe.  While I won't spill the entire plot line, I will say it is full of rhymes.  Readers will learn the personality of Geoffrey and even how he got his stars.  Readers will also identify with the themes of finding oneself and finding one's purpose in life.  Though life gave Geoffrey some doubts and anxieties, he eventually found a purpose-driven calling that makes both him happy and children all around the world burst for joy.  This is a story I plan on reading every time my birthday rolls around.

No comments: