Thursday, August 16, 2018

"Get the Guy" by Matthew Hussey

Matthew Hussey is a world renowned relationship expert.  How he got that title without being married is beyond me, but I digress.  There is a lot of advice for women in this book, some of which makes sense and some of which is a bit out there.  Firstly, I 100% agree that women need to find value in themselves before they seek out a relationship.  They must be confident and coming from a place of abundance, not depressed and coming from a place of desperation.  Secondly, Matt emphasizes the point of women getting out and meeting men.  Women are not going to have their future husbands just knock on their door--they need to get out and meet people.  While I don't think women should pursue men, I see nothing wrong with making friends and expanding one's social circle.  When it comes to commitment, Matt talks about how some guys are just not relationship material and how women need to acknowledge that when they signs appear instead of trying to change a man.  The book also has a section on physical intimacy where Matt says a man needs to be validated by a woman, knowing he can make her feel beautiful and happy.  While I don't advocate for sex outside of marriage, I do think there are other ways to evoke the same emotions in men.  A woman dating a guy can make him feel special by acknowledging his efforts in courtship and complimenting him on how he makes her happy.  Overall, this book was interesting and had some unique advice, but I would say it is more anecdotal and less scientific.

No comments: