Wednesday, April 24, 2019

"Girl, Stop Apologizing" by Rachel Hollis

For all the women out there who have dreams they've not yet pursued, this book is for you.  Hollis goes into the lies and excuses that hold women back from being their best...most of which revolve around other people's perceptions.  If I chase my dream, I won' be a good mom, my husband will be mad, my friends will make fun of me, and so on.  These are awful reasons to live one's life in the backseat.  After the mental work is done, Hollis moves readers onto building skills and habits that will lead them to success.  These are all about consistency and hard work over time.  This book offers no quick fixes.  Hollis shares her own journey of success in this book, being candidly honest about what did and did not work for her.  She is also upfront about her own confidence in her image, especially about her extensions, hair coloring, eyelash extensions, and even plastic surgery.  Hollis' look isn't for everyone, but she does encourage women to find whatever look makes them happy and confident.  While I didn't agree with everything in this book, I found it to be overall motivating, inspiring, positive, and stock full of good intentions.  Girl, live your life, make your dreams come true, and stop apologizing for being who you are!

No comments: