Wednesday, January 12, 2011

"Becoming a Woman of Influence" by Carol Kent

This book has good intentions but did not exactly "wow" me. It discusses how women can and should mentor other women. Many examples from the New Testament with what Jesus did are given. Real life stories from women are included, as well. However, the book doesn't focus on women influencing men or young children. It just deals with women mentoring other women. A big thing that caught my attention was the translation of the Bible verses included. I am not exactly sure which it is, but it is definitely not KJV, NKJV, or NLT. The words seem more modern. A lot of that modern speech may help some readers understand Kent's points more. However, for me, I prefer the other translations. That's just my personal bias, though. A nine-week Bible study is included, which is nice. It shows how Kent wants mentors to not just have good intentions but actually know what they are talking about when they talk about God.

No comments: