Sunday, January 23, 2011

"Fatal Judgment" by Irene Hannon

Sadly, after the first few chapters, I asked myself, "Why am I reading this?" The book is about a man from the military that is set to protect a woman who works in American law. She needs protection because her sister was shot and detectives worry that she may be the killer's next target. I realized that, through the course of 300+ pages, I would not be surprised as the man and woman fell in love, solved the big murder mystery, and got married. And, well, that's kind of what happened. Also, while published by Revell, this book is not very spiritual, in my opinion. There are some short prayers when characters are at the end of their ropes and the mention of church, but, besides that, the book is a tiredly predictable action romance novel. Plus, the romance between the two characters seems at times a bit more based on lust (especially when readers get to hear the man's thoughts in his own parts of narration). Plus, at times, the woman appears to be the cliched weak woman in need of a strong man. This just made me roll my eyes and go, "Come on!"


Available January 2011 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group

1 comment:

Irene Hannon said...

Sorry this book wasn't your cup of tea, Teresa. But I do thank you for taking the time to read it.