Wednesday, July 27, 2011

"Connecting in Communities" by Eddie Mosley

From the snazzy cover to the concise title, you guess it--this is a book on small groups...or so it would seem. The foreword got my attention as I was promised great insights with impeccable writing. Now, don't get me wrong, Mosley is a great author who both writes well and knows what he's talking about. However, the more I looked at this book, the more I felt it relating less and less to me. Granted, there are tips for small group leaders and helpers, as well as advice any Christian could use for discipling others. Still, the book felt like it was geared towards pastors who are training other leaders and how to effectively grow a church (the author's church was mentioned several times as if parts of the book were from some sort of church leadership manual). All in all, this book is real insightful and flows well, but it is more of a reference book than a concrete book on how to lead small groups of all ages (this one focuses primarily on working adults).

No comments: