Wednesday, July 27, 2011

"Perfectly Invisible" by Kristin Billerbeck

When I realized this book is a sequel to "Perfectly Dateless"--which I also reviewed--I was pleasantly surprised. I greatly enjoyed Billerbeck's previous book, and this one did not let me down. The details from the first book are interspersed throughout this book so that the reader does not feel out of the loop (so to speak) if they didn't read the first book or simply forget details [as in my case]. In this book, the protagonist Daisy feels underappreciated and--you guessed it--invisible. Her boyfriend ignores her, and there is trouble with her so-called best friend. I know that this review makes the book sound like some teeny drama, but that's exactly what it is. However, the author manages to keep the flow so the pages keep turning. The plot is very modern, and with the exception of certain phrases that the average teen would not consider cool, Billerbeck does a good job of infiltrating teen culture to get them to listen to her story. Many important lessons are meshed into this book, like humility, gratitude, trust, and what to do in dangerous situations. While there is some romance, none of it is graphic, and I'd go as far to say that pre-teens could read this book. The ending is a bit out of the ordinary, but the book is anything but predictable and will leave readers smiling.


Available July 2011 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group

No comments: