Sunday, October 2, 2011

"Night of the Living Dead Christian" by Matt Mikalatos

Now, I know we are not to judge a book by its cover, but, when I saw this, I just knew I had to know more. Upon hearing the premise of the book, I was intrigued--compare monsters to Christians in our various levels of hypocrisy. What I did not expect was such a vivid tale that captured my attention like it did. There is a real story where Christians encounter monsters and real transformation happens. Little problems in marriages and churches and theology pop up, but they are subtle. The real issue in the book is that it will cause readers to really look at themselves and see what monster they have become. I do not want to give away major plot events--if you read my blog, you see I rarely do. All I can say is that I took my sweet time with this book to savor it. As a book reviewer, I often skim books or put them down once there is something boring or wrong with it. That never happened with this book. At the end, I was even wishing for more. Luckily, there was some bonus material for readers. Read this book and realize the truth that being undead is harder than being dead and that only Christ can make you truly alive. Marvelous!

1 comment:

Matt Mikalatos said...

Thanks for the review, Teresa. I'm glad you enjoyed NLDC and thankful that you took the time to share your thoughts!

Matt