Saturday, November 12, 2011

"A Woman's Guide to Fasting: by Lisa E. Nelson

When I first got this book, I was suspicious. I was afraid the book would be terribly boring and methodical, or worst--religiously strict. However, just the opposite occurred. The language and style with which Nelson writes flows very well and connects excellently. I do have to say that some of what she writes may resonate better with women, but I do think men will get some great information out of this book. Besides emphasizing that obedience is better than sacrifice and that fasting is not just a way to be "holy," Nelson writes about her own faith experiences. She seems like a real friend that one looks up to. The advice for fasting goes not only into the spiritual but also into the physical for how to prepare and what to eat before starting a fast. This thin book is great for women looking into fasting.

No comments: