Monday, September 24, 2018

"Dark Matter and the Dinosaurs" by Lisa Randall

This book is all about the connection between dark matter and the asteroid that impacted earth to kill off the dinosaurs.  It is written by a very successful and smart astrophysics PhD.  I am not a physicist, and I may even be using the wrong term asteroid (the book goes into the differences between comets, asteroids, meteors, and more, which I still have trouble differentiating).  This New York Times Bestseller is definitely interesting, but, to be completely honest, it was too dense for me.  I was having difficulty following along and keeping my eyes open.  This is no fault to the author.  I think it is just such a complex topic that is not easy to convey to the lay person.  While there are some photos every few chapters, it is still very hard to follow along with all the dark matter and universe explanations.

No comments: