Thursday, September 20, 2018

"The Warrior Goddess Way" by Heatherash Amara

I purchased this book at the Warrior Goddess Summit in Seattle a few weeks ago (got it autographed, too!).  I enjoyed Amara's other book on the warrior goddess training, and this is no exception.  The author uses Toltec wisdom (also known as Native American wisdom) to teach women empowerment.  This is not about being better than others or surpassing men.  Rather, this is all about being an authentic, present, happy woman who shows up fully in her day to day life.  Say no when you want to say no, as opposed to saying yes out of obligation.  Say yes to yourself and relationships and behaviors that bring out the best in yourself.  Rewrite old stories in your brain that keep telling you you're unworthy, not good enough, a failure, too fat, too skinny, and so on.  Learn not to base your value on what others think of you.  Don't be afraid to lose anyone.  Embody unconditional love and be yourself.  I could go on and on but I encourage women to read this book for themselves.  I learned so much about how to be a better me.  I already feel a boost in my self-esteem ad am excited to conquer the world!

No comments: