Sunday, August 26, 2012

"The Story" by Steven James

HalleluYAH.  This book is excellent.  As a professional book reviewer, I get countless books to review.  Some are better than others.  When a book does not compel me or I think it's a bit boring, I sort of rush to finish it.  You know--just get it over with.  When I get a book I really enjoy, I like to take my time with it.  Savor it.  However, for this book, I enjoyed it so much that I was in a rush to finish it just to know what laid on the next pages.  Now, since this book is about Christianity, it's not as if I didn't know what was going to happen.  Having read the Bible a few times over, I know the story.  However, what was page-turning, was the twist that James had on the story.  He uses his creative and literary skills to put the story into his own words.  He quotes Scripture, of course, but he ties in storytelling, imagery, and poetry.  I thoroughly enjoyed this book.  It made me once again glad about the Gospel.  Just as the Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John each had their own perspective, Steven has his as well.  All of us share in the story of Yeshua.  Great book.  Read it.

No comments: