Friday, October 5, 2012

"1 Message" the Movie

When I started this movie--I am not going to lie--I did not like it.  The main character was wearing a skimpy outfit to greet her fiance as he left for work in the morning.  I thought to myself, "Sigh.  This is going to be one of THOSE boring skanky romantic chic flicks."  However, as the movie progressed, I really enjoyed it.  And I'll tell you why.  In the movie, the stunning beauty gets breast cancer and has to have a double mastectomy.  In case you don't know what this term means, her chest had to be cut off.  Afterwards, her fiance leaves her for another woman.  The protagonist spirals into depression and doesn't even leave her house for fear embarrassment.  What I like is how the movie flashes back and forth in time between the woman before and after her mastectomy.  Anyway, in her depression, the woman starts to chat online with a mysterious man whom she later falls in love with.  I would get all riled up about the message this sends to people about giving personal information out online.  However, there is a line in the movie where her friend warns her and the woman says she is an adult and knows what she's doing.  So, at least, this film doesn't promote children giving out information online.  Anyway, I won't spoil the ending of the movie, but it will make you cry.  This movie will really make people think.  For women--what value do you have besides your looks?  For men--if a woman lost her looks, would you still stay with her?  This is a great film, and it will hold your attention.  Great flick.       

No comments: