Sunday, October 21, 2012

"A Farmer's Daughter: Recipes from a Mennonite Kitchen" by Dawn Stoltzfus

This is a fun little cookbook, if I must say so myself.  The book has recipes for beverages, appetizers, breads (I was surprised to see this in a cookbook), salads, sandwiches, soups, "comfort food", main dishes, desserts, and more.  What I like is that there is a simple section in the back.  For those that are new too cooking, this is a great place to start.  Throughout the book, there are little comments from the author that add a nice touch.  There are even tips on presentation and entertaining guests.  You will not find pictures of food in this book.  However, the directions are very simple and quick.  They are so concise that some of them barely take up a page.  I honestly don't care that this book is written by a Mennonite.  I just like the recipes.  :)

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Hi, I'm glad you don't care that this book was written by a Mennonite I don't care either about that little detail :-) but there were some who did! I just like to cook and wanted to pass on simple recipes to active, busy families! Cheers! Dawn

TJK said...

Romans 14:17, 1 Corinthians 10:31