Friday, October 5, 2012

"Undaunted" the Movie

This movie is quite short but still stay on your mind long after the credits roll.  It is about the life of Josh McDowell.  To be honest, I didn't really know much about McDowell before this movie.  Apparently, he is an influential preacher and speaker.  Anyway, the movie is a short memoir of his early life.  At first, I thought the part where McDowell walks around and narrates in between the acted out scenes was annoying.  However, over time, I found his curt comments sincerely touching.  I don't want to spoil the movie with all the details, but I will say you will be shocked and enraged at what McDowell had to go through as a child.  There were times in the movie where I cried and other times when I was boiling with anger.  Through McDowell's troubled childhood and into his young adulthood, you will experience the journey of a broken atheist that culminates in a genuine Christian.  What is breathtaking is the people McDowell had to forgive when he met Christ.  What's great is that this DVD also comes with a little companion booklet to keep or give away to a friend.  This movie is definitely for the weak of heart.

No comments: