Thursday, December 19, 2019

"Dresses to Dream about" by Christian Siriano

This coffee-table-style book is hard cover and full color.  It chronicles about two dozen of Siriano's most iconic and famous dresses.  There are the actual dresses on mannequins, the sketches, images of fabrics being tailored, and then some information / quotes related to each dress in question.  While I could appreciate the dresses as art, I wouldn't necessarily say that I could picture myself wearing many of them.  First of all, many of them are so fancy I would be incredibly overdressed should I wear them.  Secondly, many of them do not appear to be functional or flattering.  For instance, many dresses are sleeveless with unflattering top sections that would likely cause anyone larger than a size 0 spill out of.  Nevertheless, this was a fun book and gave me some fashion inspiration.

No comments: