Tuesday, December 17, 2019

"The Style of Movement" by Deborah Ory and Ken Browar

This book is truly inspirational and great for coffee tables.  It is a heavy hardcover book with glossy full color pages.  While there is some text and writings on the style of movement, as well as various inspirational quotes, the vast majority of this book is images.  Dancers move about in their fantastic outfits and perfect moments are captured in time.  The models themselves are very diverse and come from dance companies all across the world.  Some are men, some are women, and multiple ethnicities are represented.  While I found many photos to be breathtaking, I would not say they inspired my personal fashion choices so much.  The dancers are understandably fit and mostly devoid of curves.  So while they look great, I could not imagine their outfits fitting me the same.  Nonetheless, I really liked this book and enjoyed many of the dresses, especially those with flowers embellished on.

No comments: