Wednesday, July 15, 2020

"The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up" and "Spark Joy" by Marie Kondo

Both of these books are all about the process of tidying.  From clothes to kitchenware to photos to cards to letters and more, these books explain it all.  The basic premise is that people should keep only those items which spark joy.  If you have old clothes that don't fit or are unflattering, they need not be kept.  If you have piles and piles of papers, go thru and only keep what you need or desire.  If your bathroom is a mess, go thru and slim down the items to just the nicest of the nice that make you feel special.  I have tidied up my own apartment and am still in the process.  While I'm not done yet, I can say I've seen a dramatic improvement in my life.  I am happier when surrounded by the things I love--instead of having those things buried under piles of junk. 

No comments: