Friday, July 31, 2020

"The Color of Style" by David Zyla

This is a fun book all about getting to your true colors.  It focuses on nature, encouraging readers to match their wardrobe colors to the colors of their eyes, skin, and hair.  While I really enjoyed this book, I wish it had pictures.  As much as I read about color, it'd be nice to see color!  Also, by just going off of my natural coloring, I have no purple or green.  Both of these are colors I really like to wear.  Nevertheless, I did learn that I could use more blue clothes.  I have blue eyes but a mostly pink wardrobe.  Speaking of eyes, I have a ring of yellow around my pupil.  According to the book, this would be my base color or my own personal version of black for formal events.  As much as I love yellow, I am not so sure it would look formal for a suit or work event.  This book has made me more curious about color and style, though, and I plan on reading more books on the subject.

No comments: