Tuesday, March 6, 2018

"Becoming Peace" by Nancy Graumlich

As part of the ElderFriends program, I was matched with a senior in my area.  Through our many visits, I got to know Nancy as a beloved friend.  During our friendship, she gave me her self-published book of poetry.  The poems were about war, peace, and mother earth.  I was surprised to learn of Nancy participation in the civil rights movement.  As I absorbed each poem, I got to see the world through Nancy's eyes.  I saw a heart for suffering, a desire for peace, and a hope for the future.  The children are the future, the earth will not heal itself, and war will not go away on its own.  It takes concentrated steps and direction from every person on earth.  We must all strive towards peace and love and unity to have true progress.  Some of the poems are sad since they do not shy away from the world's problems.  However, I finished the book feeling inspired that I can make a difference in the world, no matter how small that may be.  Thank you Nancy.  To peace.

No comments: