Monday, December 10, 2018

"Self Esteem: Your Fundamental Power" by Caroline Myss

I got this audiobook from the library and listened to all four CDs as I drove to and from work.  Caroline discusses the importance of self esteem, how to get self esteem, and what life looks like both with and without self esteem.  The audiobook reads like listening live at a talk show (the reader feels like they are in a studio audience).  Myss describes how those with low self esteem sabotage themselves and live in fear.  She also puts emphasis on practical baby steps.  Myss is emphatic about how she does not think one can meditate their way to healthy self esteem.  Topics like career, finances, health, and relationships are addressed.  Particularly interesting were the sections on how those in one's life may react negatively to healthy self esteem.  When someone finally gets healthy self esteem in their life, those with low self esteem or controlling personalities will not be happy.  Myss talked about the importance of exercise on self esteem--not to lose weight or get fit but to know that I'm tired and don't want to go to the gym, but I went anyway because I said I would and I deserve to put my health first.

No comments: