Tuesday, January 29, 2019

"Ready to Wear" by Mary Lou Andre

I got this book for fifty cents in the library, and what a steal that was!  Centered around how to be fashionable and organize one's closet, this book has taught me so much.  I have already utilized many of the tips to dress better.  The most important takeaway I got was to organize clothes based on lifestyle--NOT color.  When I did this, I was finally able to dress better for work because my work clothes were front and center.  No longer were my work clothes mixed in with workout clothes, formalwear, lounge clothes, and pajamas.  Another helpful tip Andre gives is to shop in one's closet before making purchases.  I was about to buy a pink skirt when, after following Andre's advice, I found I already owned two!  Andre is a styling professional and will teach you how to dress better.

No comments: