Tuesday, February 1, 2022

"Natural Beauty at Home" by Janice Cox


 Full of easy recipes, this book is great for natural beauty.  I should note that one needs to go into do-it-yourself beauty with proper expectations.  What one makes at home will certainly be healthier than store-bought, but it will in no way have the same consistency or shelf life.  The recipes I enjoyed related to hair and body.  For hair, I have started making my own homemade hair rinses to add color to my hair (subtle highlights, nothing dramatic).  For body, I have started making my own homemade rose balm that I can use to nourish dry skin.  I have chosen a balm because creams involve emulsifying wax that I'd rather not use and body butters are simply too greasy for me.  When you find what works for you, stick with it!

No comments: