Saturday, October 19, 2019

Blu's Burgers - 9999 Harbour Pl #100, Mukilteo, WA 98275 - 4/5 stars

I dined in at Blu’s Burgers for dinner.  I ordered the classic burger for $6 and a side salad for $4.  The classic burger is ¼ lb of beef on a bun with lettuce, tomato, pickle, onion, and mayonnaise.  When I looked inside the burger, I first thought I was missing pieces.  However, I shortly realized that the tomato was UNDER the meat patty, which I don’t see often.  All the burgers here are grass-fed, which is a huge plus for me.  I personally think grass-fed beef tastes better, is healthier, and is more humane.  The burger itself was very tasty.  The bun tasted moist and warm like it was heated up and not just taken out of a bag.  Whether it was the sauce or meat juices, I do not know, but I had a delicious liquid running down my hand and wrist the entire time I devoured my burger.

My salad was a steal of a deal.  It came in a very large mixing bowl.  The leaves were mixed green and purple.  This was not a bland iceberg lettuce salad.  The green was vibrant and fresh.  Mixed in were a generous amount of tomatoes and cucumbers.  Some restaurants just have one or two veggies on a salad.  Not so with Blu’s Burgers.  At Blu’s, I kept getting surprised by tomatoes and cucumbers that were embedded deep into the salad bowl.  Given my choice of salad dressing, I chose Italian and was not disappointed.  The Italian dressing went very well with the rest of the salad.  I also felt healthy eating my salad.

The atmosphere in Blu’s is very laid back.  Several of the tables and chairs are a silver metallic.  There is not much cushion on the chairs, but it is not uncomfortable.  There is eclectic artwork in the restaurant, which includes a life-size version of the indomitable snowman, as well as kids’ coloring sheets.

https://www.bluburgersandbrew.com/

No comments: