Saturday, October 19, 2019

Than Brothers - 500 SE Everett Mall Way, Everett WA - 5/5 stars


I ate here for lunch with a friend from work.  I enjoyed a pho soup of chicken with extra veggies (I requested the extra veggies) for $10.  The broth was phenomenal and had chicken with bean sprouts, carrots, broccoli, and noodles.  The chicken was plain without and frying or breading. Without the flavorful broth, the chicken would have tasted rather bland.  However, the spices in the soup absorbed into the chicken and gave it a kick of flavor.  The carrots and broccoli were cooked soft but with a little bit of hardness to bite into.  The sprouts were raw and crunchy.  The noodles were very thick and dense.  They were cooked down well enough that they didn’t involve much chewing but not so much that they broke apart in the bowl.  I ordered a size small, which was very large by my estimation.  My sinuses were really opening and I had to blow my nose frequently due to the warming effects of the soup. 

My favorite thing about this place is that every customer gets a free cream puff with their order.  These homemade Vietnamese delicacies are so good that I ordered extra when I was done.  Extra cream puffs were only $0.55, what a steal!  They are so light and airy and feel like I am eating a cloud from heaven when I bite into them.  Smaller than the size of my palm, they don’t make me feel like I’m overindulging.  As for the restaurant itself, it was clean and comfortable inside the restaurant.  The chairs and tables were a bit old, but they were clean and comfortable.  There is a fun fish tank that I enjoyed looking into from time to time.  The menu is short and to the point.  The service is fast and courteous.  I should note that near the register, there is a statue of the Buddha or some similar eastern religious figure in gold.  I’m not much for religious decorations in restaurants but I suppose that’s part of the Vietnamese culture.
http://www.thanbrothers.com/

No comments: