Saturday, October 19, 2019

Mongolian Grill - 11700 Mukilteo Speedway, Mukilteo, WA 98275 - 5/5 stars


My friend took me to this restaurant, and I had a lot of fun.  It is a mix between fast food and fancy food.  You get a bowl and fill up on what type of veggies and noodles you want.  All of this is raw and uncooked when you are filling your bowl up.  Then you take that bowl to the counter where an attendant will ask what type of protein you'd like (beef, chicken, tofu, etc).  Then they cook everything up on a big Mongolian grill.  From there, you are asked what type of rice you'd like (white, brown, fried, etc) and what sauces you'd like.  I’ve never had the white or brown rice here but the fried rice is so tasty.  It even has little pieces of peas, egg, corn, and carrots mixed in.  I had a bunch of vegetables with fried rice, chicken, and plum sauce.  Other sauces available that I did not try included peanut sauce, Mongolian sauce, spicy sauce, coconut sauce, pineapple sauce, and curry sauce.  All of this was about $14, which is not bad at all.  The portions are huge, so you will have enough food for two or leftovers the next day. 

This is one of the healthier restaurants due to all the vegetables and the customization.  You can get all the broccoli, carrots, bean sprouts, cabbage, spinach, and more that you'd like.  Other options include celery, pineapple, string beans, kale, baby corn, and whatever else is the special of the day.  The food tasted amazing and I took some home in a to-go box.  The inside of the restaurant was clean and quaint with plenty of window seating available.  With the plethora of options available for customizing one’s meal, I feel I could eat here for a year straight and never eat the same meal twice!  I should note that the options I listed as available to me when I went there may not be the same available when you go.  I suspect the vegetables are seasonal and that the sauces may also rotate. 

No comments: