Saturday, October 19, 2019

Calabria - 3922 148th St SE #111, Bothell, WA 98012 - 5/5 stars

I ate dinner here with a gentleman caller and was not disappointed.  For appetizer, we got complimentary bread with caprese appetizer ($11).  The caprese comprised of fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, oil, and vinegar.  The tomatoes tasted like they were slices just moments ago.  The basil was equally fresh and hand-picked.  As for the oil and vinegar, those were extremely flavorful and did not taste diluted or watered down.  My friend ordered a house salad ($4) that had spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, and other greens with vinaigrette dressing.  For entrees, I got bow-tie pasta with salmon ($21) in vodka sauce.  It came with capers, onions, and olives (I declined the olives and was obliged).  For my pasta, I asked for extra vegetables to be mixed in.  We were charged $10 for artichokes, carrots, and zucchini to be mixed in to my pasta.  The pasta was cooked well but could have used a few extra minutes in the pot since it was a little stiff.  The salmon was cooked thoroughly and melted in my mouth.  The vodka sauce was perfect and creamy.  The vegetables were tasty but, like the pasta, could have also used some extra cooking time.  My friend ordered fettuccine Alfredo with chicken ($19).  His dish was quite delicious and rich / creamy with the sauce. 

We were both given more than enough food to finish and took half of the meal home in a to-go box.  The wait staff was very friendly and nice.  The waiter kept refilling our waters and offering us pepper / cheese.  The tables and seats appeared very fancy, comfortable, clean, and new.  When it was time for a to-go box, the waiter graciously labeled our leftovers so we wouldn't confuse each dish.  I really like this place and think it's one of the few Italian restaurants that is authentic with food like when I grew up with. 


http://calabriamillcreek.com/

No comments: