Saturday, October 19, 2019

The Silver Spoon - 3828 196th St SW, Lynnwood, WA 98036 - 4/5 stars

I got lunch here with a friend one weekend afternoon.  The Silver Spoon is a very fun place to be.  The painting inside is very bright and festive.  I also enjoy the large fish tank.  There is a baby grand piano near a sign that says “live music”.  There was no live music playing when I ate there but it’d be worth calling up to find out when the pianist will be playing.  The tables are very clean, as is the silverware.  The seating is extremely comfortable with cushions excellent for back support.
For my meal, I got chicken pad thai with extra vegetables ($14).  Whenever I get pad thai anywhere, I always ask for extra vegetables to ensure I am not just stuck with meat and noodles—this has happened before!  The noodles were the perfect consistency for devouring.  The chicken was cooked to a delightful level where it was quite tender in my mouth.  The vegetables of broccoli, carrot, squash, onion, and bok choy were all stir-fried to a soft state.  I liked how many of the vegetables had crinkle-cut around the edges.  I have seen this at many Asian restaurants and think it must be some special vegetable slicing tool that creates this fun effect.  I am a huge fan of broccoli, and the broccoli here did not disappoint.  It was very scrumptious and had a good bite to it while still being soft.  To my dismay, there were also mushrooms mixed in, which I ate around.  Had I known there would have been mushrooms in the dish, I would have requested they be left out. The peanut sauce was fully absorbed by the entirety of the dish so the flavor impact was not hindered in any way.  On the raw side, there was peanut pieces, cabbage, and bean sprouts.  I personally like to mix everything together so each bite is a combination of textures.

http://thaifoodforyou.com/

No comments: