Saturday, October 19, 2019

The Rusty Pelican - 15704 Mill Creek Blvd, Bothell, WA 98012 - 5/5 stars


I ate here for breakfast.  I ordered the Farmer’s Market omelet ($12).  It came with pancakes (I chose banana pecan for $4 extra) and fresh fruit (included).  The omelet itself had green peppers, tomatoes, zucchini, mushrooms, and spinach in it.  It was topped with Swiss cheese and avocado.  I don’t know how many eggs were put into this omelet, but it was bigger than my face!  I was unable to eat the whole thing and brought some home for leftovers.  All of the vegetables inside were cooked to perfect—not raw or burnt at all.  The quantity, consistency, and distribution of the vegetables was also spectacular.  The omelet didn’t have just a handful of veggies or the veggies segmented into chunks.  Rather, all the veggies were thoroughly cooked into the omelet.  The egg part was very light and fluffy, almost like a cloud.  The avocado was actual avocado slices on top and not guacamole cream.

The fresh fruit comprised of grapes, cantaloupe, orange, and honeydew.  The fruit was very generous in large pieces.  Flavor-wise, it did not taste the most ripe.  However, it wasn’t rotten or terribly ill tasting.  It just could have been better if it was more in season.  As for the pancakes, there would have been no charge if I chose plain, but I opted for the banana pecan.  These pancakes are a dream with bananas and pecans cooked into the batter.  Mind you, these are not just plain pancakes with bananas and pecans sprinkled on top.  This is the real deal!  Along with my pancakes came syrup, butter, whipped cream, and powdered sugar.  The syrup tasted like it was the fake syrup and not the real stuff.  I can’t confirm this, but I buy real syrup for myself at home and the viscosity is different.  If this is the case, I can understand since real maple syrup is very expensive.
The atmosphere at this establishment is very fresh, new, and modern.  I like the beach-themed decorating very much so.  The seats have nice cushions on them and are very comfortable.  Be sure to get here early because there is always a long time to get a table.


http://rustypelicancafe.com/

No comments: