Saturday, October 19, 2019

China Garden - 800 164th St SE, Mill Creek, WA 98012 - 4/5 stars

I stopped by China Garden with my friend when it was snowing.  They were only of the few restaurants that was still open, and I am glad they were!  I ordered chicken with vegetables for $10.  The cup of brown rice was $3 extra (the entrée itself did not come with rice).  The chicken and vegetables came on a family-style plate with a large spoon.  This was supposed to be a dish to share, but I kept it all for myself!  The chicken was plain and un-breaded / un-fried.  It was very flavorful and cooked in some sort of clear sauce that I could not identify.  The chicken was not so tender as to fall part in my mouth but it was also not so rough that it took a long time chewing.  It was cooked to the perfect consistency. 
For the vegetables, there were water chestnuts, carrots, celery, bok choy, mushrooms, squash, onion, and bean sprouts.  The water chestnuts were cut thin and very crunchy, as is to be expected.  The carrots were thick slices with crinkled edges.  They also had a good crunch to them.  The celery were one inch by one inch squares that I personally found to be a tad bland.  The bok choy were two to three inch chunks of both the root and the leaf.  The mushrooms were whole and not to my liking.  I am not a big mushroom person and was not aware they’d be in my dish.  If I knew, I would have requested they be omitted from the meal.  Nevertheless, I simply ate around the mushrooms.   The squash was sliced into small circles and also had the crinkled edges.  The onions were thin slices that melted in my mouth and were very delicious.  The bean sprouts were plain and more of a garnish. 
Mixing everything together along with the brown rice resulted in a nice meal.  I would have preferred there be more vegetables and less meat, but that is just me.  As for the atmosphere, everything looked very clean and new.  The chairs had cushion and were very comfortable.  I also enjoyed the complimentary hot Chinese tea in traditional little teacups.


http://www.chinagardencuisine.com/

No comments: