Saturday, October 19, 2019

Mukilteo's Speedway Cafe - 11707 Mukilteo Speedway, Mukilteo, WA 98275 - 5/5 stars

I invited my friend to come with me to the Mukilteo cafe.  It was very clean and felt like being on a boat with all the fun nautical decorations.  I ordered the special of the day, which was the $11 veggie hash.  It came with two slices of toast of my choice.  While I chose rye, I also had the option of white, wheat, pumpernickel, and English muffin.  I was offered various flavors of jam ranging from strawberry to raspberry to blackberry to grape.  I sampled all of them and found the blackberry to be my favorite.  For the eggs, I was given a choice of how I'd like them, and I decided upon scrambled with cheese.  The main star of the show was the hash itself.  Veggies were mixed with hash browns.  Vegetables included onions, peppers, zucchini, squash, and cauliflower.  There was a good balance between the veggies and the potatoes.  The potatoes were a bit bland, but once mixed in with the rest of the dish and complimented with ketchup, their taste was much improved.  All the veggies were well-cooked, although some a bit too well-cooked.  There were a few pieces of charred vegetables, which is unfortunate, but the dish was tasty overall.  I ate half of this and took the rest home. 

The interior was nautical themed with lots of ship-related memorabilia.  I literally felt like I was in a boat when I sat in my comfortable booth.  Even the windows looking into the kitchen are circles like they are on boats - how fun!  In terms of cleanliness, the place was spotless.  The table and seats and waiting area were all clean.  There weren't any old spills or crumbs from prior parties.  The wait staff here really do a good job of cleaning up the tables.  Mukilteo Cafe is a fun place to eat, and I look forward to coming back again.

No comments: