Saturday, October 19, 2019

The Kitty Catfe- 9695 Firdale Ave, Edmonds, WA 98020 - 4/5 stars

On a rainy day, what's a better thing to do than get some nice beverage and play with cats?  I don't have a clue!  I went to the Kitty Catfe and had a blast.  It was $5 entry fee without beverage or $7 entry fee with beverage.  I ordered an Italian soda in pumpkin flavor with whipped cream, which was very delicious.  I was surprised to see pumpkin being offered in August but was thrilled nonetheless.  The drink was not too sweet.  It was yummy but did taste a bit artificial.  I can’t say I’m surprised since I saw various flavor bottles that were used to make drinks.  While I was in the mood for a cool drink, they also had hot coffees, teas, and hot cocoas for me to try.  My drink was offered to me in a cup without any covering or straw.  It’s a good thing I didn’t spill on myself.

There were so many cats, about close to twenty, I'd say.  Ages ranged from kitten to fully grown feline.  It was fun to cuddle with the cats, play with the cats, pet the cats, and just enjoy the cats.  There were plenty of toys and wands available for customers to use.  I personally liked making the cats chase feathers around while we played a game of “catch the bird”.  The cats seemed to be enjoying themselves almost as much as the humans were enjoying themselves. There were lots of structures for the cats to climb and perch atom.  They seemed very well-loved as if the cats had used them quite a lot.  This cat cafe is not as clean or have the best odor compared to other cat cafes, but for the price and beverages, I think it is a steal of a deal.  I think if this place charged more, they could offer better beverages and make some interior updates.


No comments: