Saturday, October 19, 2019

Queen Mary Tea Room - 2912 NE 55th St, Seattle, WA 98105 - 4/5 stars


I had a ladies tea party at the Queen Mary Tea room one weekend afternoon.  I am a huge fan of tea parties, so this was a must for me.  This is not the first time I’ve been to Queen Mary’s Tea Room.  I ordered my usual garden salad with salmon added ($16).  My tea of choice was an organic peach flavored white tea ($6).  One of my friends ordered the high tea, which looked phenomenal.  I typically shy away from the high tea because it is very pricey ($50) and has a lot of bread, which upsets my stomach. 
My salad was fresh green and purple leaves with finely cooked salmon on top.  Mixed in were tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, and sunflower seeds.  My salad came with a nice whole wheat flour roll and butter.  The salad dressing of my choice was Italian, which I requested on the side.  The salad is very large and filling.  This is by no means a side salad—this is a meal.  The amount of vegetables and salmon also continue to exceed my expectations.  This is not just a bag of mixed greens with a pieces of salmon and veggies scattered about.  This is a hearty salad.  My tea came in a tea pot with a hourglass.  This was so I knew when my tea was done steeping and ready to drink for optimal flavor.  Upon request, I also got a little pot of honey to mix into my tea.  The tea pot easily fills four cups of tea and the servers come around to refill for free, which is nice.
All in all, this is a very fun place to be.  I recommend getting reservations since it can be very crowded.  My only complaint is that the seating is extremely uncomfortable.  The chairs and booths have very long seats, which mean that average sized women cannot sit back comfortably with their knees bent—they either have to lean / slouch or bring a pillow to bridge the gap.  Also, on the day I visited, there were still holiday decorations from Christmas that were at my head level.  Due to this, I was unable to have my head at a comfortable position since I kept hitting them when leaning back into my seat.

https://queenmarytea.com/

No comments: