Saturday, October 19, 2019

Meowtropolitan Cafe - 1225 N 45th St, Seattle, WA 98103 Seattle - 4/5 stars



I got a strawberry Italian soda at the Meowtropolitan Cafe. It was $13 and included a 50 minute session with the cats.  The session was not private but rather had about 10 other people in the large room of close to a dozen cats.  The fee paid for any drink of my choosing, and any size up to 16 oz.  My pink strawberry beverage was topped with luscious whipped cream and adorned with a fun blue and yellow pinstriped straw.  It was very tasty and refreshing.  There were many coffees, teas, and other beverages to choose from. 

The food options at the cafe were pretty slim and not very appetizing to me (ordinary sandwiches and cookies with feline themes).  There were white-bread sandwiches and sugary macaroons with layers of colored frosting that I did not try.  Still, I daresay the majority of folks do not come to the cafe for the food--they come for the cats.

My favorite part of the whole experience was admiring the cats.  Several cats came up to me purring and wanting pets.  Some cat were shy or napping.  Not every cat was social, but every cat was a joy to be around.  They were all so cute and fluffy and downright adorable.  One even let me get right up next to her for a photo.  This is definitely a great place to go when you need a pick-me-up or a stress reliever.  Had a bad day at work or just a bad week?  Take in some kitty therapy with your beverage of choice!

The parking near the cafe is very reasonable with plenty of nearby street and suburban spots a quick walk away.  The cats come from a local shelter and most are available for adoption.  I had such a fun time here that I would come back.  Treat this place as somewhere to get a snack but not a hearty meal.  Be prepared for cuddles from the kitties!

https://seattlemeowtropolitan.com/


No comments: