Saturday, October 19, 2019

Kosta's Mediterranean Cuisine - 8306 Mukilteo Speedway, Mukilteo, WA 98275 - 4/5 stars

I came in for lunch and ordered the $10.95 lunch special of spinach calzone.  I know this was made fresh and not some microwave meal because I was able to request no olives in the calzone and my request was accommodated. Had the calzone been premade, excluding olives would have been near impossible.  The Greek salad on the side was very fresh and crisp.  I had vibrant greens (not bland iceberg lettuce) with orange, feta, pepper, and cucumbers.  The orange citrus paired well with the opposing feta cheese flavor.  As for the calzone itself, it was a very generous portion. I could not finish the entire delicacy and had to take half of it home.  The exterior was very flaky and doughy, cooked to perfection.  There were no burnt pieces or flour chunks left over.  The calzone interior was also very fresh and scrumptious.  Inside the calzone itself, baby spinach leaves danced perfectly with seared red onions in a sea of mozzarella cheese.  Some calzones are all cheese and bread, but this one had a decent amount of vegetables inside, which I liked.


 The service at Kosta's was top notch.  I was greeted by a friendly hostess and seated at a comfortable booth with a window.  All of Kosta's has a snazzy fancy feeling, so I'm sure any seat would have done, but I digress.  Service was surprisingly fast for a homemade calzone.  As an added bonus, I was thrilled at the hospitality.  When the check came, I realized I forgot my wallet at home (this was real, not some food reviewer test!).  I explained my situation to the hostess who waited patiently with me as I called a friend for help.  She even suggested I leave the restaurant and come back or simply pay another day.  Such trust and courtesy in a stressful situation was well appreciated. 

No comments: