Saturday, October 19, 2019

Curries - 7318 Evergreen Way #101, Everett, WA 98204 - 5/5 stars

I went out to lunch with my Boeing coworkers at Curries Indian Restaurant on Evergreen Way in Everett and we all got the lunch buffet special for $12 each.

The buffet was self-service and included various types of curries, all of which were kept hot by the buffet setup.  I am not an expert on curries, but I will say they looked homemade and tasted great. The meat curries I sampled were the goat curry, the chicken curry, and the lamb curry.

I’m not sure what all spices there were but they were extremely flavorful without being spicy.
As for vegetable curries, I sampled the eggplant curry, the chickpea curry, the green bean curry, and the spinach curry. They were all very creamy and smooth with kicks of flavor. All of the curries had some sort of vegetables mixed in.

While it was hard to decipher which vegetables were which through the thick sauces, I did detect traces of potato, pea, lentils, cauliflower, and broccoli. Some curries also had a milky consistency and flavor, which I assume means there was milk or cream mixed in.

There was also a fried dumpling of sorts with spices, potatoes, carrots, and peas inside. It had a nice crunch to it and felt like a healthy treat.

To complement the entrees, there was a big tub of jasmine rice to scoop out, as well as a heated container full of authentic Indian naan bread for dipping.

There was also a salad with generous portions of tomatoes, onions, and cucumbers. Most salads at restaurants are oceans of iceberg lettuce with a few vegetables, but not so here. This is a real salad at Curries.

For dessert, there was fresh fruit including cantaloupe, honeydew, and orange slices. There was also mango mousse that was the best fruit-based dessert I have ever eaten!

The restaurant was very nice and clean inside, and we often saw the owners walk around to tidy up or say hello.  Everything on the buffet line was clearly labeled, which was nice. There was also a sneeze-guard for extra hygiene. I really enjoyed this place and the food was top of the line.
http://curriesineverett.com/

No comments: