Saturday, October 19, 2019

Simply Thai - 235 Strander Blvd, Tukwila, WA 98188 - 5/5 stars

In the southcenter area, Simply Thai is one of my favorite Thai restaurants.  While I am usually an adventurous person, every time I go there I order the same thing--phad thai.  While I order with chicken, there is a plain vegetable option, as well as a tofu option for $12.  For those that want beef or salmon, that is priced slightly higher at $14.  The rice noodles are always cooked to the perfect consistency with just enough sauce and not too salty.  It comes with assorted vegetables mixed in (brocolli, carrots, cucumber, bean sprouts, etc).  The vegetables are cooked to a state that is crunchy but not too stiff or too soft.  As someone who enjoys vegetable and being healthy, I often as for extra vegetables.  The noodles are pliable and absorb all the spices and sauce of the pad thai, which I absolutely love.  I should note that phad thai comes with peanut pieces, so those with allergies should notify their server. 

The portions are very large and I've never eaten the whole thing; I eat half and take the rest home.  If I could eat the whole meal in one sitting, I would.  That's how good it tastes.  But considering the need for leftovers, I think the price is extremely reasonable.  For less than the cost of dinner somewhere else, I get both dinner and an extra lunch for my work the next day.  The atmosphere of this restaurant is very fancy and relaxing.  There are many comfortable (leather?) seat booths for customers to sit in, as well as various flowers around.  Service is not rapid but it is fairly quick.  The wait staff are all friendly and smiled at me.  They repeatedly asked if I was enjoying my food and if there was anything they could get for me.  I really liked that and felt like a valued customer.  This is a great place to enjoy with a friend.
https://www.simplythaiseattle.com/

No comments: