Saturday, October 19, 2019

Girardi's Osteria - 504 5th Ave S, Edmonds, WA 98020 - 5/5 stars


I got lunch in downtown at downtown Edmonds at one of my all-time favorite Italian restaurants.  I ordered a $6 beet salad, $5 bruschetta, and $8 ravioli.  

The beet salad came with beets, onions, greens (spinach and arugula), feta, walnuts, carrots, and balsamic.  It was very tasty and fresh.  I liked how the vegetables were generous.  Some places have salads where it is 90% leaves and 10% veggies--not the case here.  I felt very healthy and satisfied as I got a plethora of veggies on my plate and on my palate.  The sauce was also very delicious while not being overpowering or drowning the veggies.  

For the bruschetta, that came with Italian bread, tomatoes, basil, shaved cheese, balsamic, and even a mini salad in the middle.  The tomatoes on the bread were overflowing and not skimpy.  The tomatoes were cut very thick and the salad in the middle was quite generous.  It wasn’t just plain iceberg lettuce but actually had peppers, carrots, onions, and mixed greens.  Again, everything was very fresh and made to order delicious.  

As for the pumpkin ravioli, that was delightful.  I was excited to see a pumpkin flavored food outside of the fall timeframe.  The pasta was cooked to perfection in a sea of cranberries, spinach, tomatoes, and feta.  When I bit into the ravioli, I felt the filling dance in my mouth.  It was very creamy yet dense at the same time.  Did I mention the buttery sauce that made my day?  This was very light yet still filling, which is a plus.     

Overall, I really enjoyed Girardi's.  I feel like they have a fun menu of fresh Italian dishes that are the perfect portion and perfect price.  The tables and chairs were all in excellent condition, and I even got a wonderful seat right by the window.  I'd come back here in a heartbeat.

No comments: